We were the first bus to arrive at the brand new Smith Center in downtown Las Vegas. The ushers showed us to our seats and I was thrilled that Mia and I were in the 3rd row center. I've never had seats that great before. And the fact that I wasn't wrestling with any little kids that didn't want to be there, was the biggest bonus of all (THANK YOU Whitney for watching the little ones).
I was expecting to see the typical Nutcracker performance. Nothing too exciting. But I was totally blown away by the show. Las Vegas knows how to put on a show, that's for sure! You would not believe the sets! If I could have taken pictures of them, I would have. It was UNREAL. A huge three story doll house with people on every level. And then it transformed into an outdoor scene by spinning the whole thing around. Drapes would drop from the rafters, and halfway through the show it started SNOWING on stage! I have no idea how the dancers were able to keep from slipping. The dancing was beautiful without feeling stuffy. And they even had a LIVE orchestra, which made it feel so much different for some reason. The whole thing felt very magical and beautiful, and it really put me in the Christmas spirit. Christmas was really hectic this year, and this experience was by far the best moment I had.
Mia with her friends Summer, Alyssa, and Katelyn

This is Mia's 5th Grade class. We LOVE Mrs. Montgomery!
After the AMAZING show, we took the buses back to the school. I had lunch with Mia (so fun), then they went back to class for an hour while we set up the lunch room for an etiquette course.
The kids enjoyed several pies, cookies, and creme puffs. And tried their best to practice good manners.
Mia, Katelyn, and Summer
Mia's friends Conner and Jack












No comments:
Post a Comment