THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Monday, December 10, 2012

Ice Skating

As part of our daily Christmas activities, we decided to go to the Live Nativity performance in Henderson.  It was the first week of December.  So we tagged along with the Stuarts, who were also celebrating Carlee's 6th Birthday.  The nativity itself was pretty cool, but the logistics of it, and the venue where it was held, was a nightmare.  We were sitting on a set of high school sized bleacher, with about a million other people.  It was the first time I felt claustrophobic while being OUTSIDE.  I was seriously worried about the bleachers collapsing underneath me.  It's hard to get into the holiday spirit when you're worried about such wild things.

Anyway, after we left we decided to go ice skating.  It was the first time I'd been ice skating in I don't know how many years.  Probably before I was married.  I've taken the kids several times, but it always seems like I had a baby at the time, and found myself sitting on the sidelines.  So this was my first time on skates in a long while.  It took a little bit to get comfortable, but after a while we all really had a great time.  Luke used a little skating walker for the first half, then he was skating on his own.  I was so proud of him.  Ella just held hands with anyone that would take her out there.  She LOVED it.  And Joe took her a few times at super high speed.  That was her favorite.  Here's a little video clip of Carlee and Luke without the walkers.


And here are some photos of our fun night.












1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love that Luke and Carlee are just shuffling along. Such cuties!