THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012


My kids must have been great kids this year because they got a lot for Christmas.  This a photo before all the crazy unwrapping began.

We usually have a yummy breakfast of carmel rolls and breakfast casserole, but the kids just wanted cereal.  So I made the carmel rolls and skipped the casserole.  It was a casual year, I guess.







Ella got a new nightgown for Christmas and insisted on changing out of her other jammies to show it off.  

 I often find that I never take enough posed pictures of my kids.  I should have taken a few pictures of each of them with all their great gifts.  But by the time this photo was taken, we were all a little exhausted and ready to just relax.  So I will just blog about what they got for Christmas.

Mia:
Guitar, American Girl Table and Chairs, American Girl Baking Set, American Girl Outfit, iPod Dock, sewing machine bag, balloon pump and more balloons, a Willow Tree statue called "Close to Me", clothes, and jewelry

Cole:
Furby, Razor 360 bike, Epic Mickey 2, Lego Pirates DS game, Basketball Hoop for his room, Model Rockets, Angry birds and Apples to Apples games, clothes

Luke:
Mini Trampoline, Playmobil Pirate ship, Playmobil Wild West Sets, Playmobil swimming pool, Wreck It Ralph action figures, Zingo game, slippers, stomp rocket, bat mobile Headbanz game, basketball clothes

Ella:
Scooter, LaLa Loopsie doll, Doodle Pro, Princess doll, Dream Lite, Brave DVD, Lady and the Tramp DVD, Tinkerbell DVD, purse, Mickey mouse figures, play phone, and a shopping cart.

Then all the kids got a REAL Cash register!  It has full sized play money, and even prints out a receipt. The kids just LOVE it.

My sweet friend Amber took Mia and Cole shopping a week before Christmas so they could buy me a present.  Mia got me some gloves that work with your iPhone.  And Cole got me a BEAUTIFUL mirror jewelry box that I use to hold my most precious jewelry.  I love both the gifts!

It was a great Christmas.  Exhausting, but Great!!!


No comments: