THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

On Saturday May 28th we decided to go boating with some good friends.  The kids and I left the house at 7:30am to be there early enough to enjoy the nice weather.  When we were about 15 minutes from the lake I got a call saying the wind was too terrible to water ski.  Sam and Q had gone out on the lake and it was awful.  So they loaded up the boat and we changed our plans.  We went to a reservoir close to their house to just hang out on the beach instead.  It was so much fun!!!





Kory brought his canoe and the kids LOVED IT!  He also brought a knee board and 4 wheeler to pull the kids along the shallow part of the beach.




Little miss Ella made me a little crazy.   Super sensitive skin (not used to that),  lots of sand EVERYWHERE (mouth, diaper, snacks), and she's not walking yet!  Next year will be a little easier with that munchkin!






We packed up in the early afternoon because the wind became TERRIBLE.  But not before we took a few family photos on the beach.  Then we headed to the Bodily's house to swim in their pool and cruise down the zip line.

Swasey's

Bodily's

Aikele's

Stormo's

On the hour drive home the little ones fell asleep in the back.  Mia watched a movie on my iPod, but had to put her shorts on her head to keep the earbuds in her ears.  So creative!  It was a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Dr Desert Rat said...

wish I could have been there, looks like a ton of fun.

Dixie said...

Ella is a cute sunbather. I love the hat. It looks fun...and WARM!

Kaydee said...

You are such a good blogger! You ahve this up already I am so impressed.

Jill said...

I love all the pics of the kids! So cute.