Back By Popular Demand...
Last year's "Primary's Got Talent" primary activity was such a huge success, we decided to do it again. As if May weren't already busy enough! But we managed to squeeze it in on Friday May 20th.
We got these awesome snack containers online and they were so wonderful at keeping the kids snacks in one spot. Inside we filled it with Popcorn, licorice, M&M's and a drink.
Krista and Lyndsie took pictures of all the kids and posted them on the "Wall of Fame".
Mia and her friends were the first performance. They did a dance to Jailhouse Rock. Mia is on the far right. I tried to load the video of the dance, but for some reason it wouldn't work. Oh well. Trust me... it was great!
Luke's talent was my favorite. He sang the Alphabet song. I love it how he ends with "Next time won't you sing with Youuuuuu". So cute!
Cole displayed a Lego creation for his talent. He's not really one for getting up on stage.
Last year the presidency performed a silly hoedown dance. We weren't sure what to do this year because we didn't have time to practice, so Kristen came up with this funny last minute idea. Remember doing this as a kid? Draw the eyes on the chin and hang upside down so that you can look like a really creepy baby? Yea...good fun.
Well, that's what we did. We scrambled back stage to stuff 4 baby sleepers, shove our hair into them, and draw eyes on our chins. With the curtains closed we just kind of laid on the stage and slid our bodies to the end, doing our best to avoid falling off. We thought we'd hear kids laughing or some sort of noise, but NOTHING. Dead silence until the music started ("Baby Baby Baby" by Justin Bieber), at which point we couldn't hear a thing but the loud music. And we couldn't see anything with those darn sleepers on our heads, so we just swung our heads around with the music (because no... I don't know the words to the song). After about two choruses I was getting so dizzy and confused, with all the blood rushing to my head. So I drug my body across the stage and under the curtain again. Lyndsie joined me, along with Laurie, but I guess Kristen didn't get the memo. Dye hard Kristen was perservering to the end of the song, until Laurie grabbed her leg and pulled her under the curtain.
Then we just started asking each other "That was fun, right?" and "They liked it, right?" We couldn't tell.
Well, I guess those poor little primary kids sitting up front were so confused by what they saw. And a little freaked out! Mutant babies with weird shaped heads dancing to Justin Bieber... yea, that's a tremendous talent!
After it was all over we went to CiCi's Pizza for dinner, and Kristen and I were laughing so hard that we both started crying. Makes great memories.











3 comments:
Wow! That looks like a lot of fun. I didn't know that Luke is a singer.
So funny! I love your story about your performance.
Ha ha! That is so funny! I would have been laughing at you!
Post a Comment