THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Final Soccer Game

On June 4th, Cole and Mia had their final soccer game.  Cole's was at 9:00 in the morning, and Mia's at 12:45, so that meant a day dedicated to soccer.  Cole did amazing on his final game.  He tried his hardest and played the best he could.  I was so proud of him.

Ella sat in the stroller most of the time, because she loves to "take off" when she gets the chance.


Cole never lets anyone score when he's the goalie.


Poor Luke was fine that morning, but as the game progressed, he developed a fever.  He just laid on the blanket, refusing to move.  I felt so bad for him.


After the game, Cole received a medal and certificate, and poor Luke had to suffer through the awards ceremony.  By the time we got home he was in bad shape.  By lunch time it was clear that we were not going to be able to go to the afternoon game.  And we weren't able to find a ride for Mia, so she didn't even get to play in her final game.  I felt awful, but not as bad as Luke did, so I guess we had no choice. But Mia was a really good sport about it.  I'm super proud of her for that.  That night was the Chugg's farewell party, and we had to miss that as well.  I was really bummed, but it was for the best.

No comments: