THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Longhorn Days

Longhorn Days was celebrated on July 28th this year.  Meleena, Mia and I woke up early and participated in the 5K run / walk.  It was Mia's first race.  I finished the run in 27 minutes, and waited for Meleena and Mia to finish their 5K walk.  Mia loved it and I was really proud of her.


We ate breakfast at the park, then headed over to the parade route.

The Parade started with a helicopter entrance.  Impressive.


I love watching the two of them together!

Thanks to Uncle Marvin and Aunt Bernice, we had a spot on the parade route.  It was busy this year and the parade seemed longer than usual.


Dixie's sister Paula was in the parade, along with most of her kids on various floats.







I'm just waiting for the day they decide to tear this sign down, so I can snatch it up.  I've always loved this sign!







Luke's face is the best.  I think he's unsure of whether or not Uncle Marvin is trying to steal his candy.
He was just trying to fix the hole in his bag.


After the parade we had a Swasey / Jenkins reunion (always a highlight), then we headed back to the park for fireworks.

At the park they had the helicopter out and Ella decided she wanted to go for a ride.

Dave and Jaime hanging out with Ella.



We headed hom Monday morning.  It was so much fun!

No comments: