THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jailhouse Rock

Mia's Final Dance Recital was today. She performed a jazz dance to "Jailhouse Rock" and it was adorable.  Here's a photo of Mia after the show with three of her dear friends, who were also in the class, Katelyn, Aspen, and Makenna (who is moving tomorrow morning - so sad!).


 Here's a photo of the girls with Hanna, another friend, who is moving on Monday.  Mia has the most amazing friends, so it's really hard to see them go.

 I was lucky enough to get a babysitter for the three little kiddos, so I could enjoy the show without any distractions.  Afterwards I took Mia to dinner and ice cream.  It was such a fun Mother Daughter date.

3 comments:

Dixie said...

Very cute. The picture shows a strong Mother-daughter resemblence and the date sounds fun.

Kao said...

Cute costume! I bet the dance was just as cute. Melissa, you look awesome!

Jill said...

What adorable little girls! I love their costumes. I love your purple dress too.