THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Heat

I've been meaning to post this awesome picture, but haven't had a chance.  Here's the story...

Drew took a can of Diet Pepsi to work with him one morning last month.  It was a busy morning and he had lots on his mind, so he accidentally left the can of soda in his truck.  When he got out of work at about 3pm he noticed the can and thought to himself, "Man, that soda must be really hot."  So he did the only logical thing he could think of.  He put it between his legs for the 15 minute drive home.  He didn't want the can bouncing around in the cup holder.

Just a few miles from home, while still on the freeway, Drew heard a huge explosion and he was covered in a warm liquid that he was convinced was blood.  He thought for sure he was shot, until the liquid dripped into his mouth and tasted like Diet Pepsi.  Luckily no one was around him because he couldn't see a thing and had to pull over to figure out what was going on.  Here's a photo of the can...


He called me right away to tell me to get the steam cleaner out.  There was Diet Pepsi all over the cab of his truck, including the ceiling.  I just wish I would have taken a picture of Drew.  He was totally wet.  It was hilarious. 
Man, it can get HOT here!

3 comments:

Whitney Jo said...

LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY! I had to get Kirk to read this too.We love it LOL! We are so glad Drew didn't get shot ;)!

Jill said...

Ha Ha!!! That made me laugh out loud....again! I think I will laugh everytime I hear that story.

Cailleau Family said...

That is so funny. I laughed out loud as well. The can looks really cool. Interesting to learn what happens to soda when left in the sun. It sure does get hot there.