THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Saturday, August 07, 2010

July 24th

We had so much fun visiting family in June, that we decided to go back up for another trip.  The kids were excited to see the cousins they missed the month before.  

Cole and Maxx

I took some random pictures of Drew's parents property.  They turned out awesome.  Here's one of them.  

It's our yearly tradition to hang out in Drew's hometown for the 24th of July.  The kids love the fun small town activities, including this parade that goes down the street, turns around, and drives by again for an encore.  We get to see both sides of the floats.







Collecting the candy is the best part.

Cole was lucky enough to catch a coloring book this year.

Luke ate the candy as fast as he collected it.


3 comments:

Whitney Jo said...

Look how cute Ella is smiling! Oh she's cute! Happy Birthday beautiful Mia! I love her little blonde streak in the front of her hair.=)

Jill said...

I LOVE that picture of Luke and Cole together. They look so cute! I can't believe you had Mater at your parade! Super cool.

Cailleau Family said...

I love Ella's smile. Very cute. It is great to see a picture of Maxx. I can't believe how big he is.