THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A couple of Quick Visits

Two of my wonderful cousins stopped into town last week for a quick visit. Julie and her husband Grant came for a short vacation, so we met them for dinner. It was great to catch up, even though Luke was a bit of a stinker. And it was the first time I had met Grant. He's a wonderful man...really fun to talk to.
And two short days later, Julie's brother Cameron stopped by with his family, on their way to their new home in Wyoming. I hadn't seen Cameron in YEARS, so it was a great, and long over due visit.




The kids loved Sophia and Ava.





I had a great time visiting with Cam's wife Julia. Talking to her made me wish we lived right by eachother. What a great family.





2 comments:

Jill said...

Adorable pictures! You didn't tell me that you got to see Julie and Grant too. That's awesome. I'm jealous.

Julia said...

That visit was way too short! I wish we could of stayed a little longer. Cameron begged me to make him some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last week. They definitely weren't as good as yours! I wish we lived closer. We have so much in common that it would be so much fun! We have to all plan a trip to meet up in Utah or something! If you are ever in WY you have a place to stay with us. Thank you for everything. We really didn't want to leave your house!!!