October was an extremely busy month! I volunteered a lot of my time to the Elementary School Fall Festival this year, so life was crazy until that was over on the 21st. I added to life's chaos by deciding to throw Luke a birthday party just three days after the festival. But we pulled it off. And how do you successfully throw a party for a 4 year old and 7 of his closest friends? With help from my friends, of course. My dear friends Kristen and Jen stayed for the party to lend a hand, and I must say, I couldn't have done it without them. Jen took these amazing pictures, and Kristen helped the kids with all the activities and the clean up. The party was a big success and Luke was in HEAVEN!!!
Here's a photo of the kids (minus the girls, who were a little late.)
The first activity was to make a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern with craft foam stickers. They were so creative!
I love how Luke wanted to wear his mask for this activity.
It didn't last long.
Next we played "Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin".
Everyone struggled to find the right spot, except Dylan who "miraculously" found the exact spot. Hmmmm
The kids decorated pumpkin sugar cookies with M&Ms and chocolate chips.
Then they played a bean bag toss game. Drew made this ghost the night before and the kids loved it.
We played "Halloween Memory Match" Game. I just found halloween clipart pictures and made them into cards. I was amazed at how much they loved this game.
It's amazing how many activities we can squeeze into an hour and a half, but with 4 year olds... you need to be ready to change activities every 5 minutes. So for our next game we played "Mummy Wrap". I purchased crepe paper rolls in white and the kids took turns racing to see who could wrap their mummy the fastest. Then they traded places for round two. It was so funny!
I love this picture of Carlee and Amberlie. These are two of Luke's favorite girls in the whole world and he was so glad they wanted to come to his party.
After all that work, he couldn't stand the heat of the costume anymore!
Finally it was time for cake. But instead of just singing and blowing out the candles, the kids got to help decorate Luke's birthday cake. It was a spooky halloween graveyard cake. Some of the kids crushed the oreos, while others spread on the chocolate pudding.
Then they each got to add a headstone.
Very creepy.
Time for presents! He got some of the most wonderful gifts and plays with them constantly. I'm so glad we threw him a party, even though it was a crazy month. Luke is a wonderful little boy and I'm grateful everyday that we have him.























3 comments:
Amazing ideas....I think i will steal them all and do the same party for Cole next year. Love the invite!
So fun! I always wish we could be there for the awesome birthday parties you throw. They all look like they were having a blast. I love the idea of having the kids decorate the birthday cake.
Looks like a very fun party. Luke has waited a long time for a friend party.
Post a Comment