THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Friday, November 04, 2011

Kid Halloween Party

I know, I know.  Another Halloween Party.  The Swasey's must love to party, I guess.  It was more like a spontaneous party.  My good friend Jen told me Tuesday night that her daughter Aspen was thinking about having a halloween party that Friday the 28th.  I thought Mia would love it, but we were planning on going out of town that weekend, and so was her other good friend Katelyn.  Their last day of school that week was Wednesday, and there was no way Jen could throw the party that night, so I offered to have it at my house instead.  Aspen would provide all the games, I just needed to have the house.  It worked out perfectly because my house was already decorated for Luke's party and Drew was busy that night, so everything fell into place.  We quickly called a few friends and once the kids got home from school, they helped me get ready for it.

Cole didn't want to miss out on any fun, so I told him he could invite his two best friends over for their own "Wii" party, so long as they included Luke.

So at 5:30 all the kids showed up.   We made the house REALLY spooky!







They enjoyed chili and breadsticks for dinner, along with yummy apple cider.  


 They bobbed for apples

Some of the girls really got into it.  


 They were drenched by the end and some of them had to borrow some of Mia's clothes.

 They had a few extra apples, so Cole and Michael were able to have a turn.  Jake wasn't so interested.






Jen loved the mummy wrap game from Luke's birthday party, so she got the supplies for the older girls to play.  But this time they were out for quality, not speed.  The best wrapped mummy wins.



 Everyone fought to have petite Sara as their partner.  The easiest to wrap, for sure.


 Ella loved playing with the crepe paper.
 Then they switched places, so each girl had a turn to be a mummy.






They also played a balloon popping game, then sat down to watch "Corpse Bride" with Popcorn and M&Ms.  Jake and Michael put on two of the halloween masks and scared the girls.  It was a lot of fun.  We might have to make this a tradition.

5 comments:

Dixie said...

It looks like everyone including Ella had a great time.

Karen and Crew said...

The party looks so fun! Can I borrow some of the games to try next year with some Brits in Dubai?

Karen and Crew said...

The party looks so fun! Can I borrow some of the games to try next year with some Brits in Dubai?

Jill said...

So fun! Yeah you are definitely a party girl.

Jill said...

Love the decorations too!