THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ella's small Birthday Party

I thought for sure we'd have a big bash to celebrate Ella's 1st birthday.  But we spent her big day camping and by the time we got home the next day, I was totally exhausted.  So it ended up being a small family event - totally low key- like we've done with the other three kids.  But I don't think Ella minded too much.  She was just happy to get some cake!  I made butterfly cupcakes.  The wings are candy melts.  




No comments: