THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Girls

Mia loves to hold her little sister, even when Ella is screaming.  Today I found Mia sitting at the kitchen table, doing her homework while holding her little sister in her lap.  When I ask if I can take Ella to help calm her down, Mia insists, "I can do it Mom."  And sure enough she always finds a way to comfort her little sis.

4 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

So adorable! What a great big sister! Also, I'm going to need some photos of that hairdo.

Kari said...

Ella's hair is so adorable. Wish I could see you guys in person. Kari

Jill said...

Very cute. Mia is an awesome big sister.

Cailleau Family said...

I wish Mia could come to our house when our little girl is born to help out. She seems like a great babysitter. At least Thierry's mother and older sister are coming over for a while. That will be a great help.