THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Monday, October 26, 2009

Time to Dress Up

This year it was a struggle getting Luke to wear a costume. Every costume scared him, it didn't matter what it was. It reminded me of the year when Cole was his age and was terrified of all costumes, so I had to put him in a yellow shirt with a big zig zag on it and say he was Charlie Brown. I refused to give in this year. So this was our attempt at getting Luke to become Superman. I know someday he'll be excited to wear this for dress ups. He finally calmed down when he realized the costume was indeed harmless.
Of course, sucking his thumb helped a bit. It didn't last though. And that night at the Elementary School Fall Festival he ended up dressing as himself. He still had fun though.
Cole really wanted to look "tough" for his Indiana Jones debut.
Mia just wanted to look cool, I think.
The following night was the "Trunk-Or-Treat" at church. Luke was a little more used to the idea, but still didn't want to be superman. So I dressed him in a flight suit costume I made for Cole when he was THREE. Good heavens, Luke is growing fast. It fit him perfectly.

He kept playing with the dog tags and I should have known better. We ended up losing them that night, even though I searched everywhere. But we were lucky enough to have a friend find them in the parking lot and give them to us at church the next day. So the costume remains intact. Doesn't he look adorable?
Indiana Jones had way too much fun! He said he had to go potty when we came home, and after 20 minutes with no peep from him, I asked Mia to check and see if he was OK. This is what she found.
With whip in pocket and fedora on the floor, he crashed. The skill of falling asleep just about anywhere, is something he gets from his Daddy.
So far it's been a great Halloween.

5 comments:

Brandy said...

That toilet photo is PRICELESS. How cute it that!

Martin Family said...

These are so cute. My Abby was the same way around Halloween. She would get so nervous. Love the bathroom pictures.

JenniferCarter said...

Love the Indiana Jones costume, that is what Jared is going as. The kids are so cute!!! Very fun weekend, if they are falling asleep on the toilet.

The Wright Family said...

Great costumes! I think it is HILARIOUS how Cole can fall asleep on the toilet. Parker has not ever fallen asleep in a weird place... yet.

Cailleau Family said...

I love their costumes. That is so funny that Cole fell asleep on the toilet. What a cutie.
I can't believe how big all of your kids are getting. I was so shocked to see Emma and Maxx. Wow they are getting big.