THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Friday, December 19, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

Mia and I performed in our first Christmas recital last night. It was so much fun. Mia's class did a tap number to "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus". My class did a contemporary routine to "Song for a Winters Night".



Here's Mia and I in our costumes. I wore a lot of make-up, including red lipstick. When I came down the stairs after getting ready, Cole looked shocked and said "Mom, you look brand new. Let me give you a hug." It was so funny.

Mia's favorite part was being on stage (although wearing make-up came in a close second). Katelyn is her best friend and they had a blast dancing together.


Here's the seven of us, crammed in our tiny backstage dressing room. From left to right Top row: Lindsay, Amber, Kristen, Rachel, Jen, Bottom Row: Melanie, and Me. All but one of us are Moms, and five of us had kids performing that night as well.

I would post the video of the performances, but we live in the dark ages and our video camera is still an 8mm (NOT DIGITAL). So you'll just have to imagine that they were the most beautiful performances ever performed in the history of dance. OK?


It was a crazy night. They had two shows to accomidate the 250 students' families. Our performance was at 5:30pm and our husbands raced to the theater to get a good seat. It was madness. Luckily we left Cole and Luke with a babysitter so it wasn't that crazy for us. A ton of people in our ward were in the audience, so that was a little intimidating. But we survived.


Mia's show was the 7:00 show. It was great seeing them perform. Mia did a great job. Afterwards we went to Baskin Robins for ice cream with Kristen and Katelyn to celebrate.

4 comments:

Jill said...

You guys look gorgeous in your dance costumes! I wish I could have been there screaming for you when you took the stage! I know they were for sure the best performances known to man! I can just picture it!!

BjandEm said...

Sooooo fun!!! You look amazing! It is great to see you and your family. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Loved your Christmas card.

cameron said...

you guys have got to get a new video camera! c'mon! our little point and shoot does a few minutes of video which has come in handy.

The White Wash said...

That is so fun you get to dance as well. That looks so fun. I hope you are doing well.