THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Winter Sports

In February, we finished up our winter sports.  Mia was on a local volleyball league, and Cole played basketball for NJB.  I had no idea what I was getting into by signing the two of them up for this.  Both sports had two practices each week, plus a game every Saturday.  So I felt like I spent most of the winter in my car driving from one activity to the next.  But it was worth it.  They both learned so much through these sports, so I'm sure we're going to do it again next winter.




Here are some photos from Mia's final game.  I'm not going to miss driving there every Saturday, that's for sure.  It was at a Catholic church on the opposite side of the city and usually took me 30-40 minutes just to get there.  But other than that issue, I LOVED everything else about it.  She had so much fun!






Mia loved being on the same team as her good friend Lexi.  


Here's her team with Coach Lance Liu. 

And here is Cole's Basketball team. 


Cole made a lot of great friends, and he loved Coach Hubbell.  They won their first game of the playoffs, but lost the second one, to the undefeated team, Bomb Squad.  I was proud of him for trying his best though.


The Saturday after playoffs was the awards ceremony and Cole was excited to get a medal.  Way to go Cole!


No comments: