THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Melissa's Birthday

I had a pretty wonderful birthday this year.  I woke up at 6am to go for a run, and when I came downstairs, Mia was in the kitchen!  She told me not to go in there, so I headed out.  After a 4 mile jog, I came back to this...

Mia decorated the kitchen and made me chocolate chip pancakes.


Then she wished me a happy birthday with lipstick.

And put streamers on my door.  She knows how to make a girl feel special.

Drew sent chocolate covered strawberries (My FAV!) and gave me two new charms for my bracelet.  It was a wonderful day. 

No comments: