So Thanksgiving this year was really nice. It was just me and the kids, plus Drew's parents, and my nephew Brecon. I made the dinner and it turned out really nice. I tried a new recipe for Ginger Maple Sweet Potato mash and it was divine! Unfortunately, because I was busy cooking and setting up, I didn't get any pictures of the actual dinner. And Melvin and Dixie could only stay for about three hours, so we took this picture just before they left. Brecon was waiting in the car and didn't want to be in the picture. Oh well.
After they left we went to see "Rise of the Guardians" with the Stuart family, then hung out at their house for dessert. It was Jake's birthday so we enjoyed birthday cake along with the traditional pie. But I must say, there's just something amazing about Joe's pies. Good thing I don't know how to make them, or am married to someone that could make them, because I would have a serious over eating problem if I did. They are amazing.
It was a big bummer that Drew missed Thanksgiving, but we know that we are so fortunate and have so much to be grateful for, so there's no reason to complain. Life is grand!





No comments:
Post a Comment