THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

First Day of School

THE KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL!!!!  HOORAY!!!  Last week the kids started school again and we were ready.  It was a long summer without Dad around, so now that he's back, we're ready for routine again.  Mia is in the 4th grade, and Cole is in 2nd.

 I walked the kids to the bus on the first day.  I love to get the photos and see all the excited kids.
 Ella rode in the wagon.
 And Luke ran all over the place with his buddy Ammon.


Mia and one of her BFFs, Aspen.


 Off they go.  Ready for another year of learning.

Then one week later, little Luke started his first day of Pre-school.  Don't let this photo fool you.  He was really excited.  I told him to give me a big smile for the picture and this is what he gave me.  Little stinker!  He's always making me laugh.


 He was a little nervous but Miss Patricia and Miss Naomie are so sweet that he really had a great day.

3 comments:

Jill said...

They look adorable in their new school clothes! I am a lame mom. I didn't even take pictures of Reagan on her first day back. Oh well.

Dixie said...

Even Ella looks dressed up for the big first day. They all look very cute.

Karen and Crew said...

Wow! I know Patricia from Ramstein. She has a daughter named Makenna Martin--she's just older than ours. Say hi from us.