THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Drew's Return!

Drew finished his 3rd deployment and arrived home from Afghanistan at 1:47AM.  Yes... in the middle of the night he called me to tell me that he was in the garage.  I can't believe I didn't hear the garage door open, but I DIDN'T.  Anyway, he didn't have his keys and the door between the garage and the house was locked, so he had no choice but to call me to unlock it.

The kids (and I) thought he was going to arrive today around noon, so they had no idea.  They woke up that morning and went downstairs for breakfast.  That's when we surprised them.  A little groggy, but still thrilled to see their Dad.


We took the kids swimming in the morning, then to Chilis for lunch.  We are so glad to have Drew home again.




6 comments:

Kimberli said...

YAY!!! What great news! I loved the video... what a happy reunion! Thanks (for the third time) to all of you for your sacrifice. I've been thinking of you a lot this summer.

Dixie said...

Wow! It looks great to see you all together again.

Kao said...

So glad he made it home! Loved the video. As always, you look amazing Melissa!

Jill said...

Awwwwww! That made me cry! So cute. I am so glad you are home Drew!!!

P.S. love the red swimtop Melissa!

Kaydee said...

Video totally made me cry!! Love you and I am so happy for your little family!

Cailleau Family said...

That made me cry as well. So glad to hear you made it home safe Drew. We can't wait to see you next month.