THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Trip to the Country

On June 17th we drove to Grandma and Grandpa's house so the kids could spend a week in the country.  On the way up we had to stop at Bridal Veil Falls.  The kids just love going there.  I warned them that the water would be freezing, because it's just melted snow, but that didn't stop them from wading in.  





The day after we arrived, we went on a "field trip" to the local fish hatchery.  It was so much fun.  Leave it to Dixie to find fun things to do.  The kids got to see the fish that will be placed in local, and not so local bodies of water.  

 They even have an area where you can feed the fish, and the huge fish just go crazy.  It was so cool.  There were even fish jumping up the man made waterfalls.  I took these photos with my phone so I didn't get a ton of great shots.


I left the kids there with Grandma for a few days while I headed to my parents house to get to work.  It was my first time being away from Ella and it was strange.  I think she had a great time bonding with Grandma though.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

Fun! I miss you guys! Hanna