THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wake Boarding.... or at least trying to

Our dear friends invited us to go boating on Sept 18th.  It was a beautiful day and not too hot, so we jumped on the chance.  We didn't get on the lake until about 4:00pm, so a lot of people had already left and we enjoyed the deserted lake until the sun went down.  
 Aubrey is awesome at Wake Boarding.  She makes it look easy. How hard can it be if an 8 year old can do it, right?
 Well, I will tell you.... HARD!  Good thing Drew didn't take photos of my many failed attempts.  Maybe next time.

Cole did a great job waterskiing.  He'll be a pro soon.  I was so proud of him for being so courageous.



 Mia was much more nervous than Cole, but she did a wonderful job, and tried her best to be brave.  I was proud of her.


Luke just loved playing on the boat with his buddy Brock.

 And our biggest mistake of the night was not letting Sam show his stuff when the sun was still high in the sky.  We could have gotten some awesome pics of his wake boarding tricks, but the light was so low, I couldn't get a good crisp shot.  Sam, you'll just have to invite us again so I can get better photos. ;)

It was so much fun.  We love our friends. 

3 comments:

Whitney Jo said...

Look at Cole go! He's so little to be up like that already. What a stud!

Dixie said...

That looks like great fun! I was never successful at water skiing. (I tried once!)

Jill said...

Awesome! Your kids are very brave!