THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Ella's Blessing

Ella was blessed on Sunday September 5, 2010.  It was the day after Mia's baptism, so it was a busy weekend.  Ella wore the most beautiful dress that Grandma Dixie designed and sewed, just for this special occasion.  It was amazing.


I've been having some minor wrist problems since Ella was born.  I try to remember to remove the brace for pictures, but sometimes I forget.  Obviously.




Two beautiful girls in white.  I feel so lucky to have them.

6 comments:

Kao said...

You have a beautiful family! What a fun and exciting weekend for you guys. I had to wear the same brace after Ezra. It went away with Nadia but I can feel it in the wrists with Ellia. Not as bad though so I haven't gotten the brace yet.

Loved the conversation with Drew and Cole! So cute.

Geneva said...

That conversation with Drew and Cole is soooo funny! Cole is such a character. The pictures with Mia and Ella are so beautiful. What an amazing weekend for your family. Both girls are glowing! It was a beautiful blessing from Drew.

Kristen said...

You look as beautiful as ever, brace and all! It was a special weekend and Drew did amazing with the blessing and at the baptism. I am impressed that you both held it together so well. I was teary the whole time! Thanks for letting us share in the weekend with you. We love you guys!!

Jill said...

They are so beautiful! I wish I could have been there! It is so awesome that they got to share the experience and do it together. That just worked out perfect. Dixie did an amazing job on the dress.

Dixie said...

That weekend was one I'll remember forever. Thanks for letting us be there with you. The pictures are great.

Cailleau Family said...

Beautiful pictures. I love your necklace and earrings.