THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Friday, April 23, 2010

Ella

Ella Mary Swasey
April 21, 2010  4:05am
7 lbs. 8 oz. 19 1/2 inches long

We were scheduled to be induced on Friday April 23rd, but Ella had other plans.  I went into labor at about 9pm on Tuesday evening (April 20th).  We got to the hospital at 1:00am and she was born at 4:05am.  Everything went well.  Drew was even able to deliver the baby, which was really exciting.  
The kids stopped by for a visit before school.  Ella was only a few hours old.  

They were so excited to meet their new little sister.  I was more than exhausted (with less than 30 minutes sleep) but still over joyed.  

I'm not sure what Luke was thinking.  
More pictures to come...

13 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Congratulations Swasey family!! She is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy she is here safe and healthy! I love her name!

Kao said...

CONGRATS!! Yeah, she's here!! She is so precious! Love the look on Luke's face. Hope she's a good baby for you. Get some sleep!

Kayla said...

Congratulations! What sweet photos. But Todd wants to know why they let an anesthesiologist deliver Ella! ;)

Jill said...

Oh man, that last picture of Luke holding her made me laugh out loud! Hilarious! It looks like he is thinking "What the crap is this thing?" Ella is so beautiful Melissa! I can't believe all the blonde hair!! Is that really your baby? Just kidding. She does totally look like your other kids. I want to hold her so bad!

The Wright Family said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics. Hopefully Luke figures things out quickly. That pic is priceless. Awesome that DREW delivered her! You can see that Mia is SO happy to have her sister here. Sweet!

Kimberli said...

YAY! What great news! I loved the pics... those precious tiny feet. Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad she came a few days early for you! She looks so sweet, hope you are getting a lot of rest :)

Cailleau Family said...

Congratulations Melissa and Drew!!! She is gorgeous just like the rest of your kids. I can't wait to meet her. Now you have 2 of each, pretty cool. Love you.

JenniferCarter said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful. Glad to hear everything went well. Hugs!

FrankNApril said...

She is so sweet! Good Job! April

Martin Family said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see more picutres

cameron said...

there's so many of you guys now! so cool that drew got to help out so much with the birth process too! what a treat that must have been.

Andy said...

Beautiful new baby guys! Love her name. You guys make some cute kids!