THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Monday, March 02, 2009

What Happens in Vegas...

Three of my wonderful friends from Texas flew in for the weekend. On Friday I met up with them at the Bellagio to have dinner at the buffet. Traffic was TERRIBLE getting there, (thanks a lot NASCAR) but I made it just in time. The food was wonderful. Who knew a buffet would include such things as Alaskan King Crab legs, Veal Marsala, Mushroom pasta with truffle sauce, and sushi. The deserts were unreal. We made sure we ate PLENTY. Here's a photo of our dinner (minus Wynette - she's behind the camera). After dinner we drove to the Wynn Casino to see Le Reve, a Cirque de Soile show about a girl and her crazy dreams. It was so AWESOME and I think we had the best seats in the theater.

The stage changed between a pool and a real stage. I've never seen anything like it. The performers were fantastic and the special effects were so incredible. I LOVED IT. I wish I could have taken pictures during the show.


After the show we went back to the Bellagio to just walk around the strip. The fountain was so awesome. At one point we were surrounded by fog and could hardly see five feet in front of us. We also went to Caesars Palace.
On Saturday I drove up to Logandale to spend the entire day with the gals (kid free). It was the most fun I've had in a long time. We started off by making a shamrock door decoration. We all wore our matching shirts (thanks Wynette).


Several ideas were tossed around for the afternoon and we decided to skip the pedicures and go 4-wheeling instead.



Wynette could ride in the standing position. Gotta protect the little baby.


GayLyn was voted most radical driver. Deanna had to experience the speed so she hopped on back for a ride.




We could hear her screaming from far away.








After the daylight disappeared we drove to Mesquite and saw "Confessions of a Shopoholic". Perfect chick flick by-the-way. Then we drove back and finished our shamrocks and made dinner.





Our fondue dinner lasted until 11:00pm. I ate way too much.




I finally fell asleep on the couch at 2am and drove back to Vegas with Kristen early Sunday morning. I love these gals and I'm so glad they came for a visit.



2 comments:

Kao said...

What an awesome weekend! I bet it was a blast! You are all such wonderful ladies.

Jill said...

That sounds like so much fun. You should have made me a shamrock decoration! They look so cute.