THE FAMILY. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Monday, September 01, 2008

Kid Quiz

Here's a fun quiz my sister did. I asked my kids these questions seperately. It's in their own words.

1. What is something Mom always says to you?
Mia: “Mia, don’t go out in the street.”
Cole: “I love you.”

2. What makes Mom happy?
Mia: “Helping her clean up the house.”
Cole: “You are so my friend, happy.” (huh?)

3. What makes Mom sad?
Mia: “When you climb on her furniture.”
Cole: “When I leave you.”

4. How does Mom make you laugh?
Mia: “Tickles.”
Cole: “Nancy Pants.” (um, OK)


5. What was your Mom like as a child?
Mia: “Sad, because she wanted a brother.”
Cole: “Like me.”

6. How old is your Mom?
Mia: “31”
Cole: “36?” (I don’t think so)

7. How tall is your Mom?
Mia: “She is big.”
Cole: “36” (Okay)


8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Mia: “Play with her kids.”
Cole: “Have fun.”


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Mia: “She talks with Dad.”
Cole: “Stay with your Mom”


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Mia: “Making lots of clothes.”
Cole: “Las Vegas stuff” (what?)

11. What is your mom really good at?
Mia: “Sewing.”
Cole: “Playing cards on Webkinz.”

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Mia: “Juggling.”
Cole: “kicking”

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Mia: “Watch the kids.”
Cole: “Build stuff”


14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Mia: “It’s that stuff at Chuck-a-Rama.”
Cole: “Lettuce”


15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Mia: “She is very nice.”
Cole: “I am happy”

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Mia: “Sandy (from sponge bob square pants)”
Cole: “Spongebob”

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Mia: “Make crafts”
Cole: “Work at cards”


18. How are you and your mom the same?
Mia: “We both have brown eyes.”
Cole: “I’m same as Dad, not you.”


19. How are you and your mom different?
Mia: “My ears aren’t pierced.”
Cole: “We’re not proud at fighting.”

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Mia: “She tells me that lots of times when I leave.”
Cole: “Give hugs. Now I want to play transformers now because I’m tired of reading this.”

6 comments:

Kimberli said...

That is too funny! Both of your kids are crack-ups.

Hope you guys are doing well. We're starting our little joy school this week... wish us luck!

Kristen said...

That is so cute! I laughed through the whole thing. What "Las Vegas stuff" do you do? And what is so good at Up-Chuck-a-Rama? Love their answers!

Amber Jensen said...

Melissa is the "Las Vegas Stuff" the pole dancing? That was so cute!

Kao said...

That was awesome. I might have to copy you on that one. I was laughing the whole time.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, that was hilarious! Cole's answers were so funny. I especially liked the one where he said "I am like Dad, not you". Classic. Mia's answers were very smart. You can tell she put a lot of thought into it.

The Wright Family said...

That is so great! I wish we got to visit more at Chandra's wedding. You seem like such the super mom!